Costa Rica Here I Come!

Saturday, September 16, 2006

Day 1 - I made it!

Just a quick update
After an ök¨flight (person in front of me HAD to put her seat all the way back and the guy next to me fell asleep on my shoulder - I was starting to think we had a relationship going!)
Other than that, it was easy getting through the airport in Costa Rica and I was the first one who arrived from the group. Gina and her son met me. She is the team leader and really nice. I was told that there would be 3 women and 6 people from ¨the office¨. So I realized that I watch too much TV when I got excited about meeting 6 people from the Öffice¨ (TV show!) and she meant l people from the Global Volunteers home office. Oh well, my heart probably couldn´t take it.
I am in our hotel called Orquideas Inn - very quaint and beatiful gardens just outside of San Jose. San Jose itself isn´t very attractive - quite busy, crowded and not too updated but this Inn is really cute.
I met the other 2 women and hit it off with both of them. Sue and Catherine have both been on 2 other trips through Global Volunteers so it must be good for them to come back. Sue and I have the same philosophy on many things so we are enjoying some rousing conversations. Shes a very lively 68 year old. Catherine is an accountant and very nice and funny. She is my room mate so I´m sure we will bond more as time goes on.
Tonight we are meeting for dinner at the hotel and tomorrow we leave for our work destination (I forget what it´s called right now) but it´s about 4 hours from here in the mountains.
I am currently sitting in the reception area of the hotel since they kindly let me use their computer. I don´t want to impose so I´ll send more updates later.

I wish you were all with me - maybe next time?
S-

1 Comments:

At 12:16 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

Yay! You made it! I didn't think there would be an update yet, so that was a happy surprise! We all miss you here. Update us as much as you can.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home