Costa Rica Here I Come!

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Thursday - Guess what - it´s raining again!

This morning started off very bright and sunny and we were all in a good mood since we were thinking about our Sky Trek adventure after work. I think I´ve gotten in to Costa Rican time because I said the bus was early - at 7:20 even tho it is supposed to come at 7 am. It has been coming about 7:30 or later so the definition of ön time¨had drastically changed in my mind.
We had a great morning working on the cemetery wall - shoveling, sifting sand, mixing concrete and filling the blocks with concrete. I pushed the wheelbarrow up the hill to the cemetery twice before the Costa Rican workers couldn´t stand seeing a woman doing that so I was sent to the cement pile.
After lunch - by the way I am not losing weight unfortunately - we headed back to the cemetery only to have the rains start. They were so heavy that we couldn´t work so we played basketball with a nerf football and empty paint can. That is what I really like about the people here, they make do with what they have.
We found out that our adventure was cancelled due to the lightning. We heard that someone was killed on the ride this year due to lightning. In fact 6 people have been killed from lightning here this year. So, we were pretty happy not to be sitting at the highest place in the forest on a metal chair and wire tonight.
We signed up for some things for this weekend. We are going to the volcano - I think it´s called Arenal and I´m going to do a wildlife boat ride. Some are doing repelling and some are doing white water rafting but I decided I´d rather see monkeys. I also plan on spending some time in the hot springs so my calf muscles can finally untense!
We are getting ready for dinner and then we are walking in to town for dessert and drinks. Sue, Christine and I have already decided that we are splurging and taking a taxi back to the hotel tonight. One more hill and my legs are going to be so stiff I will not be able to bend over to take off my shoes!
More tomorrow -
S

1 Comments:

At 7:02 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

Will you be able to reschedule your zip cord adventure? You know, if you're ever going to audition for The Amazing Race, you're going to have to conquer rappelling. I don't think seeing monkeys is going to win us the million dollars, missy. Please don't get struck by lightning. I can't take in another cat. Ha! By the way, I saw Sweetie tonight. She's fine and she misses you oodles. We all do.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home