Costa Rica Here I Come!

Monday, September 25, 2006

Monday came quickly

This will be a short entry - not much to tell. Our alarm didn´t go off but we managed to get up by 5:45 am and were dressed and ready for breakfast in plenty of time. I really enjoy my morning coffee here but of course I enjoy my morning coffee anywhere! It is especially good here, though.
We headed off to the worksite again and today I helped throw sod that had been dug to a pick up truck, then did my concrete mixing, my concrete block carrying and some shoveling. It was extra hard going up that hill at lunch today, I think I´m starting to tire out a bit. It started raining after lunch, as usualy but quit right after we all decided to cancel the zip line until Friday. I sure hope Friday will be a good day since that will be our last chance to do it.
Tomorrow many of us are going horse back riding after work. I have not done this in about 10 years so it should be an experience. I don´t think it will be any bumpier that our daily ride to and from the worksite.
We hoped to see the sloth today as were were walking to lunch. We were told that a sloth only comes down from the tree once a week - to go to the bathroom! One person in our group, actually my funny room mate Christine said ¨didn´t they ever hear of gravity?¨ It would save them a trip! But no luck today.
Tonight some are going in to town to shop and I´´m getting ready to take a hot shower and read - sounds like heaven to me tonight.
Hopefully I´ll have something more interesting to talk about tomorrow.
S-

1 Comments:

At 2:30 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

When you get back to Austin, we can take a field trip to see the sloth at the pet store by the comedy club. It was the highlight of Jessica's visit.

Have fun horseback riding and be careful. The people on last night's Amazing Race had all sorts of problems on their horses. Scary stuff.

Oh, I hope the zip line trip happens! I have lots of friends who want to talk to you about your trip--Reed, Meta, Ceci! You have lots to tell!

Don Walser died last week, by the way. :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home