Costa Rica Here I Come!

Friday, September 29, 2006

Friday morning - pre Zip Line

Last night we had a great celebration with the families in Los Tornos. Mario, the community leader for our project brought us all a cervaza = Imperiel = very good beer. We were all seated at the front table, the men who worked with us were seated at a side table and the rest of the community were in chairs facing us. It feels a bit strange to be set apart from everyone but I think that is what they feel is appropriate. Many made speeched about the friendships and work done onver the past 2 weeks. David, Marios brother said, sincerely that if we ever needed any help, they would help us. It brings tears to my eyes just typing that because I know how little they have. We were all given little wooden puzzle boxes with our names on the bottom. Mine was a dolphin and it will be treasured.
On the way home, Gina spotted a sloth = so we all scrambled out of the van to watch it crawl along the phone line. I was really hoping to see one on this trip, and I finally did.
This morning Christine and I got up at our usual time = about 5:30 am and walked into town for some cafe con leche and do a little more shopping. The rest of the team, except for Eric = who is always an early riser = still has not stirred. We have to pack this morning before the zip line adventure, come back to the hotel for lunch and take the taxi in to San Juan for our last night here.
I hope I can keep some of these memories alive. I do not think I will ever see such a beautiful place. The different shades of green on the hill and mountains, the lush vegetation, the smiles of the Ticas = I really feel lucky to have done this trip.
S=

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home