Costa Rica Here I Come!

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Thursday evening - we're done working!

I am in an internet cafe in Santa Elena getting ready to be picked up by a taxi to take us to our closing celebration with the village of Los Tornos tonight. This is going to be a very emotional time since this afternoon I was already getting tears in my eyes. One of the men said that they really appreciated all of the teams who have come and worked with them but it was sad when they didn't know if they were ever going to see us again. There is already a closeness with the people here, even with the language barrier. It will be sad to leave them.

But on to a lighter note - I was just told that a phrase I have been saying for the past week or so is not quite right. I've been saying "I'm caliente" when I should have been saying "I'm calor". It seems that the first phrase means I'm horny, not I'm hot due to the hot weather. I was wondering why no one responded in kind to me!

Today at the community center, we had to leave after lunch since the twice monthly visit from the catholic priest was happening at 3 pm today and everyone had to prepare to go to church. Then they will come back to the community center to prepare us a meal and have music. Busy people.

At lunch we had a new simple treat I'm going to do at home. They had pealed whole bananas with honey and seseme seeds on top - very tasty. Have I mentioned that weight loss has not been part of this trip - even with all of the manual labor. They feed us too well.

I hope to post a couple more blogs before I leave for home on Saturday. I will want to give an update on the Sky Trek adventure tomorrow morning. Then we will be leaving for San Jose to stay at our first hotel on our last night. It will be exciting to have a hotel with a reading light and TV.

S-

1 Comments:

At 6:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Mom! I put sitemeter on your blog. It is at the bottom of the page. Just double click on it and you can see your viewings. Also, I took off the requirement that people have to be members of blogspot to leave a comment, and added the word verification so no more ad bots can leave comments.

Love you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home